Sustainability has always been at the heart of everything we’ve done at Stanley Villa Farm….
Is Sustainability and the Environment something YOU think about when booking a break?
It’s something we think about a lot – and although we’re not perfect – we’re always trying to improve…
Below is some information about what we already do:
- We believe families and couples deserve time away from the everyday, and want to do it more and more in a responsible and ethical way.
- We find that 85% of our customers come from a relatively short distance of upto 90 mins, meaning low fuel consumption.
- We offer information on public transport on our ‘How To Find Us‘ Page. We have bike storage on site and encourage local walks and bike rides.
- Our Pods were built locally in Garstang, Lancashire so didn’t travel far. They were also nominated for a ‘Environmental Innovation Award’!
- We encourage low electricity use as non of our Pods or Bell Tents have electric sockets available in them (12 of the Pods do have a very low wattage heater hard wired in).
- Critically – all of the electricity we do use is 100% Green – and is made by our own Farm’s AD (Aerobic Digester) – which turns waste products such as potato peelings into methane and then electricity which powers the farm and the Camping Site.
- We always choose to work with local companies for our regular supplies – such as Wallings Ice Cream, Lytham Coffee & Logs Direct (based in Lancaster).
- We make sure we use ethically sourced wood for our fire-pits and wood fired hot tubs. The lights we use the main lodge and office are also low wattage LED bulb
- We teach children about the importance of wildlife – and do daily animal feeds with them.
- The Site Owner Alex recently completed a week long Low Carbon University Accredited course and is always seeking new and innovative ways to lower our carbon footprint and keep the business as sustainable and ethical as possible.